For employment at Casellula @ Alphabet City, contact email@example.com.
Opportunities for other employment at City of Asylum @ Alphabet City are posted here regularly.
The Production Coordinator supervises audio-visual and related technical operations for City of Asylum’s 150 annual programs (readings, concerts, films) and facility rentals. Each type of program has a standard pre-set configuration, which is customized as necessary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying needs of curators, artists, and programming partners in advance of programs
- Building and documenting program logistical plans
- Renting equipment not in-house
- Setting-up and operating AV during programs: Lighting and sound pre-sets, floor setups, adjustments during programs
- Recording programs and post-production downloads and storage
Supervising part-time AV staff
Other duties include:
- Coordinating the needs of outside organizations who are using our spaces
- Creating project plans and operational documentation
- Tracking equipment
- Liaison to staff and in-house restaurant for general building services
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
Minimum 2 years relevant experience, plus knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Social Media, a driver’s license and a good driving record, excellent oral and written communications skills
This position requires some evening and weekend work.
Compensation: $14/hour – $16/hour
Non-discrimination Policy: City of Asylum Pittsburgh is committed to results-oriented management aimed at achieving equal employment opportunity.
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and names of two professional references to:
The Director of External Relations is responsible for building the financial capacity of City of
Asylum. Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the Board, this new
position is a key position in the organization’s transition from its founders. The position
oversees a comprehensive year-round local and national fundraising program: It develops,
implements, manages and evaluates a comprehensive and strategic fundraising program for
annual and capital support that will meet and exceed our contributed income goals. This
Director also serves as a representative for City of Asylum in the greater cultural,
philanthropic and business communities.
Click here for full description.
Non-discrimination Policy: City of Asylum is committed to results-oriented management aimed at achieving equal employment opportunity and shall apply good faith efforts to seek out, employ, train, and promote underutilized women and minority group members.