This is a new position within the programming department in charge of ticketing and guest services at City of Asylum. Reporting to the Director of Programs, the manager will be a hospitality-minded individual responsible for cultivating community and fostering a welcoming environment at 150 annual public program. The ideal candidate has strong customer service skills, is organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and is an excellent team player. The position works closely with a variety of staff, including the Production Manager, Marketing and PR Manager, Director of External Relations, and bookstore and restaurant staffs.
– Oversee box office operations including the creation of ticketing links and maintaining the Salesforce ticketing platform
– Coordinate guest relations including ticketing inquiries, reservation requests, waitlists, and ticket cancellations
– Report accurate attendance data
– Embody City of Asylum’s brand of hospitality and creating a welcoming environment for all
– Manage the guest check-in and arrival procedures
– Maintain City of Asylum’s Covid-19 protocols to ensure the safety of guests while inside our venue
– Supervise all event volunteer activities including set-up and breakdown of audience space at public programs
– Recruit, train, and book volunteers for all programs
– Contribute to the continual improvement of our guest experience at programs
– As necessary, set up venue for livestreamed (no audience) public programs
– 3-5 years of customer service and/or box office experience, preferably in a nonprofit or community setting
– Knowledge of Salesforce systems
– Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues and people of diverse backgrounds
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Self-starter with strong time management skills and ability to multitask in a high-volume environment
– Interest in the arts, human rights, and/or international issues
Successfully meeting the physical demands listed below are also essential functions of this job.
– Ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds
– Night, weekend, and daylight work will be required
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), salaried position. Hours are primarily 1-9 pm, Sunday – Thursday with flexibility based on programming schedule.
Salary range: $34,000 – 36,000 per year + benefits
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put House Manager in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications on August 16, 2021
Equal Opportunity: City of Asylum Pittsburgh (COA/P) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. It is our policy to be fair and equitable in our relations with our employees and
applicants. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions, selection for training opportunities, wage and salary administration, decisions regarding separation from employment, layoffs, returns from layoffs, family care leave, social and recreational programs, and the application of all benefits and policies are based on individual qualifications for the positions being filled, and are also to be administered regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age (40 or older), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, veterans’ status, disabilities (physical and mental), medical condition (including cancer and HIV status), and any other characteristic protected by law. City of Asylum is committed to results-oriented management aimed at achieving equal employment opportunity and shall apply good faith efforts to seek out, employ, train, and promote women and minority group members. If, because of a disability, you need accommodations in completing this application or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 435-1110.