City of Asylum hosts free local, national, and international arts and culture events. We need the most volunteer assistance at these events, where volunteers make a huge difference.
We need several volunteers at each of our events to set-up chairs, sell books & merchandise, register guests, usher, take pictures, and help clean up after the events.
Volunteers are encouraged to sit with the audience and enjoy the events because most of the work is done in the 90 minutes before to set up the event and 30 minutes after the event ends to clean up. We are a small staff, so volunteers really help make our events a possibility. Volunteers get to work with a diverse staff, and get first-hand experience working with artists and performers. Additionally, volunteers get to be first in line at book signings, photo ops, and other perks!
- Discounts at our bookstore!
- Vouchers to our restaurant, Brugge on North!
- Meet exciting writers & musicians!
- Attend interesting programs!
- Interact with the Northside community!
- Work with an energetic and friendly staff!
- …and a free COA T-shirt!
How to Sign Up!
All of our Volunteer opportunities are posted on PittsburghCares.org (Click here to be redirected to PittsburghCares.org)
Volunteer Tasks & Roles
- Volunteers arrive 90 minutes before the program starts
- Volunteers help set-up chairs, sell books & merchandise, register guests, usher, and take pictures
- Some work requires lifting and moving heavy objects (up to 20lbs).
*Please let Karla know if you are unable to perform these physical tasks.
- Clean up takes about 30 minutes after each program
- Volunteers are our ambassadors to the community. If you love meeting new people and making them feel welcomed, we’d love to have you on our team!
AS OF JANUARY 2021
City of Asylum hosts free local, national, and international arts and culture events… and we could not do it without our team of enthusiastic volunteers! Our volunteers are the lifeblood of our programming and ensure that each program is a rollicking success.
We are looking for volunteers who are self-motivated, trustworthy, reliable, and interested in learning more about what we do here at COA. Our volunteer program is accommodating to all kinds of busy schedules, lifestyles, and all types of skills are welcome. From concerts to readings to film screenings and beyond, there are lots of great programs that we’re sure you’ll love and that need a helping hand!
We’re hoping to be able to gather safely and return to hosting live events soon!
- like, share and RSVP to our events on facebook
- like and share our instagram posts @cityofasylum
- register for events on our virtual platform channel (COA @ Home)
- engage in the chat section of the virtual event!
- Tell your friends, family, and community about us!
We are a small staff, so volunteers really help make our events possible. Volunteers get to work with a diverse staff, and receive first-hand experience working with artists and performers.
Contact: Karla Lamb
City of Asylum Program Manager & Volunteer Coordinator
Phone #: 412-435-1110